Spring Term Orientation will be offered on Friday, March 25, 2016.
Registration is online and will open on Monday, February 15, 2016 at 9:00am.You must pay your Advance Tuition Deposit in order to register.
At Spring Term Orientation you will learn about valuable resources available to you at OSU, recieve academic advising, and register for spring term classes.
This is the first day available for new students to register for classes.
International Students - Please note that spring term orientation is part of your international student orientation. You are required to attend other international orientation events earlier in the week. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about your orientation start date.
Preparing For Your Orientation Session
To better prepare for your session please we ask that you do the following before you come to campus:
Math Placement Test
All first year students regardless of IB/AP/Transfer credit are required to take the Math Placement.
All transfer students must take the Math Placement Test, unless you have earned credit for a college-level course from another college or university; or via a CLEP exam, AP exam, or IB exam.
OSU Math Placement Test can be taken at any time, but it should be completed prior by Thursday, March 24th. To access the test and for complete instructions go to: http://www.math.oregonstate.edu/mlc-placement-home
Watch the following class registration tutorials:
- ADD A COURSE VIDEO: (Run time 2:12 minutes) Describes the procedures for accessing the registration menu of the Student Online Services, searching for courses from within your registration, submitting your request to register for a course, and how to confirm your registration in the course.
- DROP A COURSE VIDEO: (Run time 37 seconds) Describes the procedures for accessing the registration menu of the Student Online Services, locating your currently registered courses, submitting your request to drop a course, and how to confirm that you have dropped the intended course.
- WAIT LIST VIDEO: (Run time 2:44 minutes) Describes the procedures for accessing the registration menu of the Student Online Services, searching for courses from within your registration, identifying a course with wait listing available, submitting your request to wait list a course, and how to confirm that you are on the wait list for the course.
Things to Bring
- A copy of your final transcripts
- A copy of your SAT/ACT scores if available
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Government Issued Photo ID (driver's license, military ID, passport) this will be required to pick up your OSU ID
- Upload a picture for your OSU ID Card. Please visit http://mycard.oregonstate.edu/ for directions on how to complete this.
- Ensure final transcripts are sent to the Office of Admissions, Oregon State University, 104 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, Oregon 97331-2106.
- Print a copy of your Spring Term Orientation confirmation and parking pass from the same website you registered for the program.
- Need to change your major? Do so on-line before orientation. Change Major Here
- Submit required immunization Documentation & medical history form.Although a prior medical examination is not required of entering students, a medical history summary with proof of current measles, mumps, and rubella immunization must be submitted to Student Health Services. You may submit this information online and more information can be found here.
- Review your student billing account. All tutition bills and statements are issued electonically and can be accessed here. We do not mail out bills. At this website you can also add authorized user to make payments on your account.