Employment and Internships Opportunities
Getting involved with New Student Programs and Family Outreach is a great way to:
- Give back to the OSU community;
- Enhance leadership and other skills that will help you build a strong resume;
- Have fun and get to know other students and staff members.
START Leaders work throughout the summer assisting with OSU’s orientation, advising, and registration program: START. START Leaders are required to take a Spring Quarter training course. This position is a paid position, with pay beginning during the summer.
U-Engage Peer Leaders help facilitate a section of U-Engage, OSU’s First-Year Experience course. U-Engage peer leaders have the opportunity to mentor and help students in their transition to OSU. They also work directly with an instructor to plan and execute class sessions. Peer leaders receive 1-2 internship credits in either fall or winter term for their service and are required to take a 2 credit Spring term training course.
Learn More about both of these opportunities at one of the following information sessions:
- Wednesday, January 13 at 1:00pm in MU 208
- Friday, January, 22 at 10:00am in MU 208
- Tuesday, January 26 at 3:00pm in MU 208
Sessions last about 30 minutes.