In alignment with the Oregon State University Mission, New Student Programs & Family Outreach serves as a campus leader in facilitating the transition process for new students and their parent/family members. We promote and enhance successful transitions through collaborative programs and outreach.
Statement of Goals for New Student Programs
- Support student growth and development throughout their first year at OSU.
- Provide new students and their families with informative and engaging orientation programs.
- Support specific transitional resources for unique student populations (e.g. Veterans, international students, Degree Partnership Program students, transfer students, multicultural students, non-traditional students, first-generation students).
- Familiarize students with the campus and community.
- Develop supportive partnerships with parents and family members of new students.
- Provide meaningful student employment and internship opportunities for current OSU students.