Mark your calendar; Dads and Family Weekend 2014 will be:
November 7,8, & 9
Here is what happen at this year's Dads and Family Weekend:
Dads and Family Weekend Schedule
November 1 to 3, 2013
Invite your Dad and other family members to share in your college experience during this weekend of jam packed activities on campus!
We are continuing to update the schedule of activities and events please check back periodically!
If you are a student organization and want to get your event on the online Dads weekend program please contact Caitie Karcher or Jessica Hammock
Friday, November 1st
- 9AM-5PM: Attend class with your student
- 9:30-11AM Come enjoy a coffee reception and lecture titled The Big Enchilada: Technology, Neo-Liberalism and Education with award-winning College of Education instructor Mike O’ Malley @ Furman Hall 202
- 9:30-11AM: Come enjoy a coffee reception and lecture titled The Big Enchilada: Technology, Neo-Liberalism and Education with award-winning College of Education instructor Mike O’ Malley @ Furman Hall 202
- 12:30 PM Q&A with Chicago Bears linebacker, NFL Hall of Famer and collegiate All-American Dick Butkus in the LaSells Stewart Center. Submit your questions at http://oregonstate.edu/urm/events/butkus
- 1-5PM The Oregon State University Disc Golf Club will be outside of Dixon Recreation serving baked goods/BBQ fare and selling club merchandise. There will also be a disc golf putting competition to win raffle tickets for various prizes including OSU Disc Golf Club memorabilla
- 2-4PM: MUPC Welcome Table in front of the MU Lounge. Purchase T-shirts and Mugs and pick up your program of the weekend
- 6-10PM: Football game vs. USC purchase your tickets, call 1-800-GOBEAVS (462-3287) - be sure to have the student ID number of the OSU student available.
Saturday, November 2nd
- 8:30AM-11AM: Come enjoy a brunch and listen to Chicago Bears linebacker, NFL Hall of Famer and collegiate All-American football player Dick Butkus @ Memorial Union Ballroom, photos following brunch. TICKETS ON SALE in MU103 Student Events and Activities Center.
- 9AM-5PM MUPC Welcome Table @ MU Lounge T-Shirts ($12), Pint Glasses ($6), Schedules (free)
- 9AM-3PM It's time to plant your tulips!Stopy by the Horticulture Honor Society - Pi Alpha Xi - booth for Beaver - themed, tulip bulbs in the MU Quad. All proceeds go towards educating and enriching people's lives with OSU Horticulture.
- 9AM-12PM Challenge the Dads: Dad's Weekend Challenge Course Day, $15 for OSU Students, OSU Community, and Family Members. Sign-up at the Adventure Leadership Institute in Dixon, 541-737-4254. http://oregonstate.edu/recsports
- 9AM-12PM Enjoy a coffee and light refreshments at Oregon State’s new Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) Clubhouse. Students, alumni, and family members in recovery or interested in learning about the CRC are invited to visit the new club house, meet CRC staff, and learn more about the CRC. For more information and directions, please see the CRC Events Calendar at http://studenthealth.oregonstate.edu/crc-services-and-resources
- 9:30AM-3PM Whitewater Rafting, $50 for OSU Students, OSU Community, and Family Members. Sign-up at the Adventure Leadership Institute in Dixon Recreation Center, 541-7374254. http://oregonstate.edu/recsports
- 10AM-2PM: This Old MU; A "behind the scenes" tour of the Memorial Union meet in the MU Lounge. Tours start at the top of the hour
- 10AM-2PM Take a trip back in time! Visit the Special Collections & Archives Research Center on the 5th floor of the Valley Library to explore our treasures, learn more about how we preserve and celebrate the history of OSU, and watch a few fun historic films
- 10AM-3PM Dad & Photos: @ Journey Room
- 10AM-3PM Root Beer Floats: MU commons, next to Panda Express and Togos ($3) without pint glass, ($8) with pint glass.
- 10AM-2:15PM: Athletic Facility Tour: Meet outside the main gates of Reeser by the giant football statue @ the NE corner of Reeser. Guided by current student athletes! Come see Reeser Stadium, Gill Collisium, the sports performance center and MORE!
- 11AM- 2PM Car Show @ MU Brick Mall
- 11AM - 3PM Olde Tyme Kettle Korn ($2), hot chocolate and apple cider sold in the MU Quad.
- 11AM-3PM Oregon State Flying Club Open House @ the Corvallis Airport. Come enjoy a scenic flight over the Oregon State University campus. ($20) BBQ lunch will be available at the airport
- 11AM-1:30 PM and 2PM - 4:40PM Mini pottery workshop for OSu students and their Dads and Family Weekend guests @ the OSU Craft Center, Snell Hall. Limited spaces, pre-registration strongly recommended. Register at the OSU Craft Center
- 11:15-12:15 What does it mean to be a man? A panel discussion with OSU men about creating a better world for men, women, and children. Come talk about fathehood and family in MU 206.
- 12PM-1PM Divine and Outspoken Performances @ the MU Lounge
- 1PM Open AA Meeting in the CRC Clubhouse Mcnary Hall 125 (Enter through the Jefferson street entrance)
- 1PM-5PM Golf tournament, Tryisting Tree Golf Course: $80/team of two OSU students and family members. Sign up at Recreation Services in Dixon, 541-737-3736 oregonstate.edu/recsports/intramuralsports
6:30 pm and 9:00 pm Comedy Show Starring Tom Cotter and Dave Anderson
Sunday, November 3rd
- 8am-12pm Delta Delta Delta pancake breakfast in the MU Ballroom benefitting St Judes Childrens Hospital
All Weekend Events
Nov 1-3 Free Access to Dixon Recreation Center and McAlexander Fieldhouse for Dads and Family Members who come with a student with a valid OSU ID. http://oregonstate.edu/recsports
Nov 1-3 Free bowling for Dads: @ MU basement