Working for OSU
Why work for Oregon State University? We'll offer three good reasons: people, place and community. Our faculty and staff are know for their collaborative spirit and innovation, our students are passionate problem solvers and our alumni are bursting with Beaver pride. Our main campus in Corvallis is a thriving college town is centrally located, tucked between the Coast Range and the lush farmland of the Willamette Valley with easy access to the Oregon Coast, Portland and the outdoor wonderland of the Cascade Mountains. At Oregon State University, in Corvallis and around the state you'll find a caring community with a commitment to making a difference.
Our faculty and staff tell you in their own words why they love working for the university and living in Oregon.
We asked our staff and faculty to list their favorite things about working at OSU, and here are the ten most common responses, given in their own words:
- Cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Beautiful campus
- Support and resources
- Motivated and inspiring students
- Sense of community
- Recognition for hard-working staff
- Having colleagues that want to have fun while they work
- Collegial atmosphere
- Friendly people
- Vibrant atmosphere
We asked our staff and faculty what they love most about living in Corvallis or the Willamette Valley, and here's what they said:
- Beautiful scenery
- Biking anywhere in town
- Access to outdoor activities
- Family friendly
- Great wineries and breweries
- Only one or two hours away from everything
- Downtown and the riverfront
- Classic college town
- Amazing parks
- Small town feeling with bigger cultural events
If you can judge a place by the number of exclamation points you find in a survey like this, then Oregon is a world leader in just about everything! But we'll limit it to ten representative responses, given in their own words:
- Oregonians embrace the land and live life to fullest.
- The scenery! I cant get enough of the beauty here.
- The culture of high quality, locally made food, beer, wine, etc.
- Oregonians care about people.
- No sales tax.
- I love that I can go snowboarding and lay on the beach in the same day.
- So much to do!
- Well, I love the rain!
- I love being part of a community where everyone is so proud to be from here.
- I love that everyone here seems so friendly and polite.