Here are some helpful tips for getting started.
Qualtrics Survey University has numerous resources including online tutorials, research articles and information about survey design. They also have over 300 sample surveys that can be used “out of the box” or questions can be copied and pasted into a custom survey created by you.
Basic Survey Steps
This is this basic process you should follow when creating a survey:
- Make sure you fully understand and clearly state the objective of your survey.
- Determine the type of information you will be collecting and which pieces are most important.
- Decide on the type of question that best capture the information you’re trying to get.
- Write out your questions and reread them several times to make sure they’re clear and concise.
- Do a test run of your survey with several people to determine how long it takes to complete and collect feedback.
- Revise your survey based on their feedback.
- Distribute the survey to your participants.
- Collect the data (Qualtrics will store all respondent data for you).
- Analyze your results (Qualtrics also has many tools to help you do this).
For a more in-depth explanation of how to design a professional-looking survey, write questions efficiently, and analyze your results go to: Qualtrics University research articles.