The Vice Provost for Student Affairs is a member of the Provost’s Council and President’s Cabinet, and is an active participant in all aspects of institution-wide planning and policy development. The Vice Provost is a leader in advancing Oregon State University’s strong tradition as a student-centered university and contributes to leadership for the engagement and success of all students.
The Vice Provost is the chief administrative officer of the Division of Student Affairs with responsibility for:
- creating and sustaining an environment of student services and student life excellence in order to enable success for students
- working with members of the University’s leadership teams to identify and advance goals for the University
- creating and implementing a compelling vision for the Division in the context of Phase III of OSU’s Strategic Plan for the 21st Century and our goal to be a top-10 Land Grant university
- contributing significantly to the intellectual development of the Division and University
- developing a coherent business plan that looks to strategic opportunities for sustainable program growth
- developing and enhancing relationships with internal and external constituencies
- enhancing the Division’s commitment to a diverse and multicultural university
- fostering programs and initiatives across divisional or unit boundaries
- further advancing the learning-centered culture of the University
- participation in the University’s commitment to private, foundation, and corporate fundraising – working in partnership with University leadership and the OSU Foundation
Because of the wide diversity among the units within Student Affairs, the Vice Provost provides leadership to ensure coherence and congruence across services and initiatives both within the Division and with other academic and support units of the University, ensuring that efforts are strategically aligned and mission focused.
The major principles that serve, as the common anchor for Student Affairs programs and services are articulated in CAMPUS COMPACT: A Statement of Vision, Values, and Commitments. This document, developed by the members of the Oregon State University student affairs community, represents Student Affairs members’ shared thinking about the organizational culture and value to bring to the University.
The Vice Provost is committed to being accessible to and directly involved with the student leadership community and seeks to enact the University’s strong tradition of shared governance with both student and faculty leadership.
The vice provost for Student Affairs is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of:
Counseling and Psychological Services
Dean of Student Life
Disability Access Services
Intercultural Student Services
New Student Programs and Family Outreach
Student Affairs Research, Evaluation, and Planning
Student Conduct and Community Standards
Student Health Services
Student Leadership & Involvement
University Housing and Dining Services