Goal 1. Provide a transformative educational experience for all learners
Oregon State University will promote student success through learning experiences and outcomes that seamlessly integrate teaching and research efforts. This integration will provide a platform to deliver content and experiential opportunities that support intellectual, professional and personal development to prepare Oregon State graduates for responsible and productive citizenship in a global society.
Oregon State will become a model 21st century university by developing personalized and integrated ways to learn. Innovative, integrated programs will offer high-quality educational experiences for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as other learners who will become tomorrow’s leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers.
By moving beyond a one-size-fits-all learning model to offering varied opportunities for different learners, we will better accommodate and serve all students and enhance learning outcomes. We will continue to invest in and recognize the pivotal role faculty and staff play in motivation and learner success.
- Enhance an integrated learning environment that raises and equalizes retention and success of all learners.
- Make high-impact learning a hallmark of Oregon State undergraduate education, preparing students for responsible citizenship and global competitiveness.
- Advance teaching and learning in the Baccalaureate Core through innovations in course design, authentic assessment, interactive teaching and faculty development.
- Strategically grow online education programs, explore new pedagogical models and address all learning styles through myriad learning platforms.
- Enhance our comprehensive Healthy Campus Initiative, caring about the health and well-being of students, faculty and staff.
- Expand strategies to recruit diverse and high-achieving students and meet enrollment goals for OSU-Cascades.
Through excellent and diverse undergraduate and graduate educational opportunities, Oregon State University transforms students into leaders in life, community and career. OSU is Oregon’s largest university, having increased enrollment by 34 percent, including OSU-Cascades, over the last five years. In 2013, Oregon State enrolled more than 24,600 students in Corvallis, more than 900 at OSU-Cascades in Bend and more than 3,800 online students in Ecampus.
An inclusive community
Oregon State achieves excellence through diversity: 21 percent of the university’s enrollment is made up of U.S. minorities – an increase of 50 percent from 2004. International enrollment has tripled since 2009 to nearly 3,000 students in 2013, 10 percent of the student population.
Success for all
An accessible, affordable education is made available through a number of financial aid programs, including the university’s Bridge to Success, in which more than 2,600 Oregon students each year pay no tuition or fees. Meanwhile, personalized academic advising and programs such as the First-Year Experience help students become thriving members of the campus community, achieve academic success and progress to graduation.