The Provost's Council will
a) discuss and form recommendations on University-wide issues and strategies;
b) inform Provost and other members of academic and student issues and unit-specific decisions;
c) form recommendations on issues specific to academic and student policy and practice, as well as for consideration by the University Cabinet.
The Provost's Council will manage the implementation of university-wide decisions and communicate these fully with their constituencies. Council members will also prospectively seek agenda items and advice and counsel from constituents within line authority.
Provost’s Council Ethos
Ethos Statement is provided as a PDF.
Provost's Council members serve at the invitation of the Provost. The current roster includes:
- Academic Affairs: Becky Warner, Senior Vice Provost
- Agricultural Sciences: Dan Arp, Dean
- Business: Ilene Kleinsorge, Dean
- Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences: Mark Abbott, Dean
- Education: Larry Flick, Dean
- Engineering: Scott A. Ashford, Dean
- Enrollment Management: Kate Peterson, Assistant Provost
- Extended Campus: Dave King, Associate Provost
- Finance and Administration: Glenn Ford, Vice President
- Forestry: Thomas Maness, Dean
- Graduate School: Brenda McComb, Dean
- Information Services: Lois Brooks, Vice Provost
- Liberal Arts: Larry Rodgers, Dean
- OSU Cascades: Becky Johnson, Vice President
- Pharmacy: Mark Zabriskie, Dean
- Public Health and Human Sciences: Tammy Bray, Dean
- Research: Ron Adams, Interim Vice President
- Science: Sastry Pantula, Dean
- Student Affairs: Susie Brubaker-Cole, Vice Provost
- University Honors College: Toni Doolen, Dean
- University Outreach and Engagement: Scott Reed, Vice Provost
- Veterinary Medicine: Sue Tornquist, Interim Dean
Topic-specific guests will be invited as appropriate.
Meeting and Topic Management, Communications Coordination
Gigi Bruce, Special Assistant to the Provost