There are many ways in which the OSU Computer Helpdesk helps students who have computer problems, technical questions, and account login issues.
- For those who need FAQs, guides, and other text-based direction, we have the Helpdocs site.
- For those who wish to submit a trouble ticket online, we have the online submission form.
- For those who need phone-based support, call us at 541-737-3474.
- For those who need support in person, we have the Walkup Helpdesk for Students on the 2nd floor of the Valley Library.
While the first three services are available to all members of the OSU community, the walk-up service is for students only, as it's funded completely by the student Technology Resource Fee.
About the Walkup Helpdesk
The walk-up service is located on the 2nd floor of the Valley Library next to the Reference desk. As you enter the main double doors of the library, our desk will be straight ahead. You'll find friendly, helpful staff who will assist and educate you in the areas of general computing, technology at OSU, software application use, and security of your computer and personal information.
As an education based service, the helpdesk staff will educate you on technology and best practices if you are interested in learning.
- Application support (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Operating system diagnosis
- Basic hardware diagnosis
- Assistance and education with malware removal (viruses, worms, spyware, etc.)
- Laptop wireless connectivity
- Technology education
- ONID, Blackboard, Online Services, and other campus technology support
- Quick operating system questions
- Wireless printing
- Referrals to the appropriate place for help
- Residence hall network (ResNet) connection help
- Operating system reloads/rebuilds
Our goal as a team is to help you overcome your computer problems, to the best of our ability. For more information, please see the Walkup Helpdesk web page.