Instructors may request that we install software in one of our computing labs or in the Virtual Computing Lab.
Process & Requirements for Instructors
- Fill out the request form two (2) weeks prior to the time the software is needed
- Deliver any software installation media or provide download information two (2) weeks prior to the time the software is needed
- Provide proof of valid licences and number of licenses avalible for us to use
- Provide all installation documentation
Software delivered with shorter lead time will result in a first-come, first-serve basis with an installation period of up to 2 weeks.
Testing Requirements & Support Information
- Instructors will be notified when their software is installed and ready to test.
- Software installed in a computing lab / facility should be tested at least 48 hours prior to their first class to make sure it is working according to their needs.
- Software installed in our virtual computer lab should be tested at least one (1) week prior to their first class to make sure it is working according to their needs.
- While consultants can assist users with general computer problems and supported software, consultants will not be specifically trained in the usage of installed class software. The only form of support available to students requesting assistance on the class software will be the software manual(s). Further questions will be re-directed to the class instructor or department, as applicable.
- If an instructor wishes to install software that needs frequent updates, data revisions, etc, special arrangements may be made. Please contact the Facility Manager or associated staff.