Information Services provides consolidated wireless network access through the OSU Wireless Network. Hundreds of dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) access points give students, faculty, and staff access to the high-speed 802.11n network throughout the campus.
Please note that some laptops and most phones are not equipped to access the higher (5 GHz) band. Laptops require a "dual band adapter" and only the very newest, top-end Android phones include a 5 GHz adapter. Please consult the OSU Computer Helpdesk if you have questions about purchasing equipment that lets you access the high-speed network.
Wireless Networks for ONID and OUS Users
Anyone who has a valid ONID or OUS account will have access to our networks. Your computer or mobile device should be registered with Maintain so that you don't have to manually sign in to the network. For more information, please see the Wireless helpdoc page.
- OSU_Secure is the preferred network for ONID users on campus. It's an encrypted connection which allows for secure online browsing.
- OSU_Access is an unsecured connection for ONID users on campus that's meant for quick sessions and simple web browsing.
- ResNet is available only in dorms for student residents.
- Wireless Conference Accounts may be ordered by departments to grant wireless access to visitors staying on campus for one or more days.
- Visitor is a network for brief connections. As the name suggests, this network does not require the user to have an ONID account.