Streaming is a live audio and video feed of a meeting or an event, such as a lecture at LaSells Stewart Center. This is also known as "webcasting."
Via MediaSpace, we also provide resources to archive media for on-demand viewing.
- A good method for extending presentations or events to a larger audience unable to attend onsite.
- Events can be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing.
- Live interaction generally provided through Internet chat allowing remotes sites to participate in the event.
- Event must be hosted in a videoconferencing room, or media equipment must be set up in the origination site to produce the event for distribution.
- Live interaction with remote audiences is generally provided through Internet chat; the interaction is not always seamless.
- Streaming servers set limits on number of computers accessing the stream.
- OSU's default limit is set to 100 viewers. The number can be scaled up to meet demand.
- $26.00 for first hour and $10 for additional hours.
- Charges may be incurred for media production and room use.
- Media Services via email or via phone at 541-737-2121