Oregon State University participates in the Microsoft Campus Agreement (MSCA) that provides software and client access licenses for Microsoft Software. The MSCA provides upgrade and downgrade rights for both the desktop Operating Systems and Productivity Suites.
The systems covered under this agreement are limited to OSU owned desktop/laptop computers. Please see the License Restrictions section of this page for personal and student options.
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Upgrade/Downgrade Rights)
Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, and 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Office Productivity Suites (Upgrade/Downgrade Rights)
Suite Includes: Word, Excel, Outlook (Entourage), Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and OneNote.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (PC)
- Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac)
- Additional Software: Participating Departments Only
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Client Access Licenses:
- Core Client Access Licenses
- Enterprise Client Access Licenses
Campus Agreement Details
- Contract Expiration: 11-30-2013
- Software Contact and Activation Codes for Participating Departments: Contact Chris Sinnett (541-737-9156)
- Desktop Bundle (Office Professional with Enterprise CALs) - $52.95/FTE
- Microsoft Project - $5.19/FTE
- Microsoft Visio - $4.82/FTE
- Microsoft Visual Studio - No longer available
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) - $3.09/FTE
The basic Microsoft license covers all departments this year. Add-ons only cover those departments that participate in the individual enrollments each year. Enrollment is available in the fall. Media should be purchased through Dell, our offical Microsoft Reseller.
Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Research/Teaching Assistants in paid assistantships have limited Home Use Rights. Please review the Microsoft Home Use program for eligibility, software available, and the software request form.
For other software options, including operating systems, please visit the Helpdocs Software page.