- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Withdrawing or Deferring from a Program
If you apply to a study abroad program -- even just completing the OSU online application -- and your plans change, please take the following steps:
- Immediately: email your study abroad advisor to let them know that you are either deferring your participation to another term or withdrawing your participation entirely.
- Immediately: if you are attending a program through API, AHA, CIEE, IFSA-Butler, SFS, or SIT, e-mail your program contact to let them know that you are either deferring your participation to another term or withdrawing your participation entirely.
- Notify Financial Aid so that your aid award for the term(s) you were planning to be abroad will not be awarded incorrectly.
- Notify your academic advisor so that you can readjust your degree plan and register for classes on the OSU campus.
If you fail to provide written notice of your withdrawal or deferral from a program there may be serious financial consequences in the form of fees charged and financial aid awards modified. IDEA Education Abroad Administration & Registration fee is non-refundable under any circumstances once the term began.