- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
SIT: Samoa, Pacific Communities and Social Change
SIT: Samoa, Pacific Islands Studies
The School for International Training (SIT) Pacific Islands Studies program is based in Samoa, the first Pacific Islands country to become an independent nation in 1962. The program begins with an orientation at the East West Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. The program then moves to Samoa, where students live on the campus of the South Pacific's School of Agriculture campus. Excursions to Fiji also occur. Rural village homestays and other excursions are also a part of the program. This is a field based program.
Class Format:Classes Primarily with US Students
Sophomore and above
Minimum 2.50 GPA
Deadlines for OSU Study Abroad Programs:
- Summer Programs: March 15
- Fall, Year-Long Programs: April 15
- Winter/Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Spring Term Programs: November 15
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
Mandatory Application Checklist:
Visit the SIT Website for more information.
See SIT web site