- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
CIEE St. Petersburg, Russia: Russian Area Studies
St. Petersburg State University
Envisioned by Peter the Great as his “Window to the West”, French and Italian architects created a testimony to opulence with palaces, glittering mansions, landscaped parks and gardens, beautifully planned canals, and vibrant colors. Having endured bombardment, famine, and forced collectivization, the horrors of Stalinist repression, and the city’s near total devastation in World War II, the people now cope with an emerging new political and economic reality. Known as Leningrad from 1924 to 1991, the city of nearly five million is easily navigated by bus, trolley, and an efficient metro system.
Class Format:Classes Primarily with US and International Students
Deadlines for OSU Study Abroad Programs:
- Summer Programs: March 15
- Fall, Year-Long Programs: April 15
- Winter/Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Spring Term Programs: November 15
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
Mandatory Application Checklist: