- Associate Provost Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Lincoln University is located on the South Island of New Zealand. The campus is 13 miles from Christchurch (pop. 300,000) and a short distance from skiing and hiking in the foothills and mountains of the Southern Alps. The campus has between 4,000 and 5,000 students, maintaining the atmosphere of a small, close-knit community.
Sophomore, Junior or Senior; Minimum 3.00 GPA
All students interested in applying to the Lincoln University exchange program should first contact the program coordinator, Paul Dorres. Application deadline for Lincoln exchange program is April 1.
Application: Online Study Abroad Application
Additional Application Requirements:
Application Fee: All study abroad and internship applicants are required to pay an application fee. See the Application Fee page for details.
Letters of Reference: Two reference forms are required. See the References page for details.
Required Essays: The following essays should be turned in to the program coordinator, Paul Dorres:
1. Please write a brief autobiographical sketch that includes your personal history, family background, work experience, travel experience and other factors which have influenced your personal development. (approximately 1-2 pages)
2. Please state how your participation in this international program will contribute to your educational, career and personal goals. (approximately 1/2 page)
3. All participants have personal strengths and weaknesses. Please give yours and describe how they are relevant to your participation in this international program. (approximately 1/2 page)
Order Official Transcript: Order an official transcript to be sent to your program coordinator by the application deadline. Your program may require an additional official transcript for the university abroad.
Interview: Applicants will be contacted after the deadline to schedule an interview.
Upon submitting the application materials to the program coordinator, applicants will be interviewed, and the selection committee will forward recommendations for admission directly to Lincoln University. Students then need to wait for the response from Lincoln University.