- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
SIT Brazil: Public Health, Race, and Human Rights
School for International Training study center
The program is based in Salvador, the capital of the state of Bahia and the largest city in the Brazilian northeast. Of Salvador's 2.8 million residents, approximately 80 percent are of African descent, making Salvador an ideal base from which to explore issues of public health, community welfare, and social justice.
Need help selecting a program in Brazil? Click here.
Class Format:Classes Primarily with US Students
Previous college-level coursework in public health, development studies or related fields
A background in Portuguese, Spanish or other Romance language is strongly recommended
2.5 minimum GPA and sophomore standing
Deadlines for OSU Study Abroad Programs:
- Summer Programs: March 15
- Fall, Year-Long Programs: April 15
- Winter/Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Spring Term Programs: November 15
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
Mandatory Application Checklist:
See the SIT website
Visit the SIT website