Outgoing students (OSU students going abroad)
- Make sure your students complete the OSU online application for study abroad.
- Students submit any other required application materials directly to you. If an interview is required, you will conduct an interview once students complete all of the application materials.
- IDEA will run a conduct check as part of the application process, and if your students have a conduct record, you will need to discuss with the student depending on the seriousness of the record.
- Conduct a site-specific orientation for all accepted students.
- Inform accepted students on visa process (if applicable), recommended immunizations, group travel (if applicable), and other important pre-departure procedures.
- Collect secondary paperwork from all accepted students, send a copy to the Enrollment Manager in IDEA.
- Maintain contact with the departing students to put them at ease concerning their upcoming adventure and to clarify last-minute details. A letter to parents with a copy of the handbook can also be comforting.
- When your students return to OSU, you will need to process their grades from overseas using the OSU transcript form. (See "Transcripting" section under the Resources page)
Publicity & Promotion
- Publicize the following year's program widely. You will probably need to continue promoting your program until the application deadline.
- Maintain your department's website and keep an updated program information (e.g. dates, cost, courses offered) for prospective students.
- Host an information session with past participants from previous year.
- Attend the Study Abroad Fair organized by IDEA.
- If you create brochures and posters, send them to the IDEA office, and they will be displayed in the Study Abroad Resource Center (SARC).
- Join IDEA Facebook page; submit an entry to the IDEA blog.
- If your program page needs to be added or edited in the IDEA website, contact IDEA International Ambassador.
- To create/reproduce promotional materials (e.g. brochures, posters), consult with IDEA International Ambassador.