- Make sure the overseas contact (i.e. study abroad advisor, exchange program coordinator) at your partner institution has the link to ISAS website.
- Exchange student applications for the next fall should arrive by June 1. Check for the completeness of each application. For any other terms, applications should be received 4 months in advance of the starting term date.
- Incoming exchange student procedure summary (.doc).
- Contact the Incoming Exchange Coordinator in ISAS if you have any questions about your incoming students' application status.
- Check with the IDEA Enrollment Manager on tuition/fee waiver for your exchange students.
- Review your program's exchange balance every 3-5 years and make sure the numbers of incoming and outgoing exchange students are balanced. Contact the Director of IDEA for more information.
Continuous Support for Exchange Students
- Once your exchange students are accepted by the Admissions, send a welcome e-mail to the students to introduce you as the exchange program coordinator.
- Provide your exchange students with information on available resources on campus.
- Maintain regular contact with your exchange students through the term(s), and make sure they have both academic and personal support at OSU.
- Exchange students with a U.S. visa must follow all regulations set by the U.S. government. If students want to travel internationally (e.g. visit Canada, Mexico, or go back to their home country), they must check in with an international student advisor in ISAS.