- International Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
All study abroad and internship applicants are required to pay an application fee. See the Application Fee page for details.
Order an official transcript to be sent to your study abroad advisor or program coordinator by the application deadline. Your program may require an additional official transcript if you are enrolling at a university abroad.
Order one transcript from each institution you have attended and have earned 15 credits or more.
1. Read the instructions and requirements and complete online SFS application process.
2. Your study abroad advisor will complete the "SFS Participation Approval Form" once your OSU conduct check is cleared. You will need to complete the student section of the form, then turn it in to your OSU study abroad advisor.
3. Submit the hardcopy of any required application materials directly to the SFS Admission office.
4. Forward your acceptance e-mail from SFS to your OSU study abroad advisor.
A passport valid for six months beyond your program is required. Apply for a passport immediately if you have not done so already. Visit travel.state.gov for an application.
All students are required to return this form. See the Health Disclosure Form page for details.
All students are required to complete this form. See the Academic Planning Form page for details.
All students are required to attend general pre-departure orientation. View orientation dates and registration.
Contact your SFS Program Coordinator for further details.
All students are encouraged to visit their primary care provider before going abroad. Information about immunizations and travel health can be obtained from the Travel Medicine Clinic at Student Health Services.
File FAFSA and apply for financial aid for the term(s) of your program. IDEA will submit a financial aid budget with your estimated cost of attendance to the Office of Financial Aid the term prior to your departure so that your aid award may be adjusted.
SFS offers students up to $5,000 per semester in scholarships. To learn more, visit the SFS financial aid page.
Use this form to estimate the total cost of your attendance on the program. Visit the Budget Worksheet page for details.
Select File > Print in your browser to print this checklist.