- Associate Provost Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
All study abroad and internship applicants are required to pay an application fee. See the Application Fee page for details.
Order an official transcript to be sent to your study abroad advisor or program coordinator by the application deadline. Your program may require an additional official transcript if you are enrolling at a university abroad.
Order one transcript from each institution you have attended and have earned 15 credits or more.
1. Download and bring a blank Macquarie University application (PDF) to your interview.
2. After the interview, meet with your academic advisor to select classes from the Macquarie University Catalog.
3. Submit the following to the IDEA Australia programs coordinator:
A passport valid for six months beyond your program is required. Apply for a passport immediately if you have not done so already. Visit travel.state.gov for an application.
Three essays are required to be submitted by the application deadline.
See Application Essays for details.
All students are required to return this form. See the Health Disclosure Form page for details.
All students are required to complete this form. See the Academic Planning Form page for details.
All students are required to attend general pre-departure orientation. View orientation dates and registration.
You are required to obtain a student visa in order to study in Australia. You will receive instructions from the OSU program coordinator and Macquarie University on the visa process.
In general, the steps will be:
1. Be accepted by OSU and then by Macquarie University.
2. Complete Australian acceptance form and pay requested fees.
3. Receive Confirmation of Enrollment number from Macquarie.
4. Apply online for Australian student visa.
All students are encouraged to visit their primary care provider before going abroad. Information about immunizations and travel health can be obtained from the Travel Medicine Clinic at Student Health Services.
File FAFSA and apply for financial aid for the term(s) of your program. IDEA will submit a financial aid budget with your estimated cost of attendance to the Office of Financial Aid the term prior to your departure so that your aid award may be adjusted.
Use this form to estimate the total cost of your attendance on the program. Visit the Budget Worksheet page for details.
Select File > Print in your browser to print this checklist.