- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
AHA Application Checklist
All OSU students are required to complete the OSU Online Study Abroad Application. By completing this online application, a non-refundable, $50 application fee will be charged to your OSU student account.
Deadlines for OSU Study Abroad Programs:
- Summer Programs: March 15
- Fall, Year-Long Programs: April 15
- Winter/Spring Semester Programs: October 15
- Spring Term Programs: November 15
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
All study abroad and internship applicants are required to pay an application fee. See the Application Fee page for details.
Order an official transcript to be sent to AHA: AHA International, 1585 E 13th Ave, #333, Eugene, OR 97403.
Order one transcript from each institution you have attended and have earned 15 credits or more.
Program Provider Application:
1. Create an online application account from Apply Now page.
2. If you need to mail any application materials by regular mail, send it to: AHA International, 1585 E 13th Ave, #333, Eugene, OR 97403.
3. Your AHA online application will be processed when all the materials are received, and at that time, your OSU study abroad advisor will be notified by e-mail.
4. Once you are notified by AHA that your application is completed, make an appointment with your OSU advisor for a short meeting. To make an appointment, call the front desk: 541.737.3006.
5. If you have any questions about the AHA application process or your AHA student account, contact appropriate AHA staff directly.
A passport valid for six months beyond your program is required. Apply for a passport immediately if you have not done so already. Visit travel.state.gov for an application.
Academic Planning Form:
All students are required to complete this form. See the Academic Planning Form page for details.
Attend General Orientation:
All students are required to attend general pre-departure orientation. View orientation dates and registration.
Your program enrolls you in insurance for the duration of your participation. Review the insurance policy and carry additional claim forms and your insurance card with you abroad.
Visa requirements vary depending on the program you will be participating. Contact AHA Program Coordinator for further details.
All students are encouraged to visit their primary care provider before going abroad. Information about immunizations and travel health can be obtained from the Travel Medicine Clinic at Student Health Services.
All study abroad students will need to register for general Overseas Studies credits using the OSU online registration system and a PIN from their academic advisor. IDEA will send students an e-mail from Education.Abroad@oregonstate.edu with the instructions and CRN, and students are responsible for registering for these credits for the term(s) they are abroad. You will not receive financial aid for the program unless you are registered. To be registered, your account must be free of any hold, and your OSU bill balance must be below $2,200.
Grades and Credits:
This program earns resident credit at OSU. Each course you take must be assessed for how the credit will be applied to your degree program. Save all coursework and syllabi while you are abroad and work with your study abroad advisor to establish your course equivalencies when you return.
Select File > Print in your browser to print this checklist.