- International Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Programs may have alternative deadlines or extend deadlines. Confirm with your program advisor.
All study abroad and internship applicants are required to pay an application fee. See the Application Fee page for details.
Order an official transcript to be sent to your study abroad advisor or program coordinator by the application deadline. Your program may require an additional official transcript if you are enrolling at a university abroad.
Order one transcript from each institution you have attended and have earned 15 credits or more.
1. Review IFSA-Butler Application Requirements.
2. Apply online to IFSA-Butler. Provide a copy to your study abroad advisor.
3. Meet with your study abroad advisor. Bring a copy of your IFSA-Butler Application, the IFSA-Butler undergraduate program approval form, OSU transcript, and a budget estimate. Your advisor can complete the undergraduate program approval form once your OSU conduct check is cleared.
4. Provide all other application materials required by IFSA-Butler directly to them, including essays, references, and official transcripts.
5. IFSA-Butler will send you an acceptance notice upon your acceptance to the host university. Forward a copy of your acceptance e-mail to your study abroad advisor.
A passport valid for six months beyond your program is required. Apply for a passport immediately if you have not done so already. Visit travel.state.gov for an application.
All students are required to return this form. See the Health Disclosure Form page for details.
All students are required to complete this form. See the Academic Planning Form page for details.
All students are required to attend general pre-departure orientation. View orientation dates and registration.
Contact your IFSA-Butler Program Coordinator for further details.
All students are encouraged to visit their primary care provider before going abroad. Information about immunizations and travel health can be obtained from the Travel Medicine Clinic at Student Health Services.
File FAFSA and apply for financial aid for the term(s) of your program. IDEA will submit a financial aid budget with your estimated cost of attendance to the Office of Financial Aid the term prior to your departure so that your aid award may be adjusted.
OSU students have received $500-$2,000 in scholarships from IFSA-Butler in the past. To learn more, visit the IFSA-Butler Scholarships page.
Use this form to estimate the total cost of your attendance on the program. Visit the Budget Worksheet page for details.
Select File > Print in your browser to print this checklist.