- International Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
OSU is proud to have a number of outstanding graduate, and in some cases, undergraduate students who have participated in the Fulbright U.S. Student Program. The Fulbright Program enables one to conduct research and study in more than 135 countries.
View a list of former OSU Fulbright Student Scholarship Recipients
- Allows for individually designed study/research projects or an English Teaching Assistantship You can propose a project and/or study plan that will take place during one academic year in a country outside the U.S.
- Provides support for study/research/teaching in a single country (For exceptions, see World Region Summaries) You can meet, work, live with and learn from the people of the host country, sharing daily experiences.
- Facilitates cultural exchange Through direct interaction on an individual basis in the classroom, field, home, and in daily tasks, you can gain an appreciation of others’ viewpoints and beliefs, the way they do things, and the way they think.
- Promotes mutual understanding Through engagement in the community, you can interact with your hosts on a one-to-one basis in an atmosphere of openness, academic integrity, and intellectual freedom.
- Recent BA/BS graduates Graduating seniors and recent Bachelor’s-degree recipients usually propose projects for which they have had some undergraduate preparation and/or direct work or internship experience.
- Master's and doctoral candidates Will demonstrate capacity for independent study or research, together with a general knowledge of the history, culture, and current events of the countries to which they are applying.
- Young professionals, including writers, journalists, and those in law, business, and other professional fields May have up to 5 years of professional study and/or experience in the field in which they are applying. Those with more than 5 years of experience should apply to the Council for International Exchange of Scholars in the Fulbright Scholar Program.
- Artists and musicians Applicants without a Bachelor’s degree may substitute at least four years of professional training or experience.
OSU Fulbright U.S. Student Program Adviser: LeAnn Adam, International Degree & Education Abroad
If you are interested in applying for a U.S. Student Fulbright grant, please contact LeAnn Adam to make an appointment. LeAnn will explain the application requirements, discuss different options and offer guidance and assistance throughout the application process.