- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Become an International Student Orientation Leader!
Next fall, approximately 1,000 new international students from all over the world will be enrolling at OSU. They will attend a week-long Orientation before classes begin, and we would love your help in welcoming them to OSU and making this Orientation a success! We are currently recruiting International Student Orientation Leaders to guide new international students through a variety of Orientation week activities.
During the week of September 19th – September 23rd, ISO Leaders will assist with Orientation for a minimum of ten hours. Main responsibilities will include leading groups of international students to all required Orientation events, assisting with welcome and check-in, new student testing, etc., and accompanying students to social events. It’s a great opportunity to gain leadership and multicultural experience and help new international students feel welcome in their first days at OSU. And it’s a lot of fun!
A mandatory training session for all ISO Leaders will be held on Friday, September 16th.
If you are interested, please:
- Complete the application and return to Robert Hinderliter via e-mail at Robert.Hinderliter@oregonstate.edu or in person at the Front Office of Heckart Lodge.
- Plan to attend an informational meeting next Tuesday, May 31st, from 4-5pm in the Main Lounge of Reed Lodge. (If you cannot attend the meeting but wish to participate, please contact Robert with your availability.)
For applications, please visit our website at http://oregonstate.edu/international/international-student-orientation-leaders
We will be able to offer one OSU class credit (INTL) for this position for those interested. More information will be available at next Tuesday’s informational meeting.
We hope to hear from you soon!
ISFS and INTO OSU Staff