- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Sponsored Student Program
The Sponsored Student Program at Oregon State University’s International Student Advising and Services (ISAS) is intended to assist international sponsored students and their sponsoring agencies, governments, institutes or organizations. The assistance provided is in various forms which are designed to:
- Support and promote the academic objectives or goals of the sponsored students and their sponsors.
- Provide sponsors with current and regular records and reports on students’ academic standing upon request.
- Facilitate communication between student and sponsor regarding financial and administrative needs.
- Collaborate with International Student Advisors to assist students and facilitate compliance with immigration regulations.
Services for the Student:
- Provide a special orientation session to meet the needs of sponsored students.
- Provide assistance in obtaining waiver of OSU medical insurance when sponsor's medical coverage meets University minimum requirements.
- Facilitate communication between students, Academic Departments, and Sponsoring Agencies
- Communicate with students regarding expiring financial guarantee/support letters
Services for the Sponsor:
- Provide special orientation sessions to meet the needs of sponsored students.
- Provide transcripts to the sponsor upon request.
- Arrange special campus meetings for sponsors to meet with students.
- Facilitate Financial Guarantee for Third Party billing process with OSU Business Affairs and the INTO OSU Finance office.
International Programs (IP) Administrative Fee:
An administrative charge of two hundred and seventy five dollars ($275) per academic term per student will be assessed to the sponsoring agency. The administrative fee will be included on the billing statement each academic term.