- International Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
We are pleased that you are considering studying at Oregon State University as an international exchange student. This site is designed to provide information for international exchange students currently attending OSU's partner institutions (pdf) and who are planning to study on exchange at OSU. The following pages provide information on how to apply for admission to OSU as an exchange student and details you will need to know prior to arrival.
We hope you will find this information useful. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
Before submitting an application for admission to OSU as an international exchange student, you should work with the exchange coordinator at your home university. You will most likely be required to complete other steps to be eligible for the exchange program prior to applying for admission to OSU.
Once you are ready to apply for admission to OSU as an international exchange student, follow these steps (complete instructions are included in the Application for Admission):
1) APPLICATION FORM: Complete the application, which is linked below. All questions must be answered in full. Your answers must be legibly printed or typed. Please remember to sign the form on the back. Your application will be delayed if it is not complete.
NOTE: Your name on the application must appear exactly as it appears on your passport to ensure that your visa documentation is properly prepared by OSU.
2) TOEFL TEST SCORES: Please be sure that you include one unofficial copy of your TOEFL test scores when you submit your application form to your home university exchange coordinator. If you have not yet taken the TOEFL test, make sure your score report is sent to OSU using the OSU school code: 4586.
3) ACADEMIC RECORDS: You must submit an official transcript of your college-level coursework with your application. Please be sure to include the type of degree/certificate you are earning and the date this degree/certificate will be awarded under "Academic Record" on the application.
4) FINANCIAL DOCUMENTATION: Please see page 2 of instructions for detailed information about the Declaration of Finances section of the application. All supporting financial documents and the affidavit(s) of support must show the numerical amount required for the period of your proposed study. Financial documentation showing a non-numerical description, e.g., "mid-six figures" is unacceptable. Be sure to complete the Affidavit of Support on page 2 of the application.
5) PASSPORT: Attach one copy of your passport identification page to this application. If you hold dual citizenship with the U.S., you must enter the U.S. on your U.S. passport. If you do hold dual citizenship with the U.S. also make sure that the attached copy of your passport identification page come from your U.S. passport.
6) ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS: Make sure all application materials are accompanied by an English translation. Official transcripts and financial documents should be submitted in their original language and in English translation.
7) DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Please note that certain departments within OSU have earlier deadlines and/or special portfolio requirements. Be sure to confer with your home university exchange coordinator for further information.
8) DEADLINE: Please return the application materials before the deadline specified by your home university coordinator.
9) APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you have a physical or learning disability and need reasonable accommodation or information about services available, please contact the please contact Disability Access Services, Oregon State University, A200 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, OR 97331-2133. For more information, please also visit their website. Phone: 541-737-4098. Fax: 541-737-7354 Email: Disability.Services@oregonstate.edu.
10) RETURN APPLICATION: Send the original application and one photocopy of all materials to your home university exchange coordinator. Do not send these materials directly to OSU.
Your completed application will include:
If you have questions about your application for admission to OSU or other issues prior to your arrival, contact the exchange coordinator at your home university first. You may also need to communicate with the exchange coordinator at OSU as you make predeparture arrangements. Below is a list of OSU exchange programs and coordinators for your reference.
All students applying to OSU for admission as an international exchange program should use the Application for Admission for International Exchange Students below. Do NOT use any of the application forms on the OSU Admissions website.
Please note: Only applications from students attending official exchange partner institutions, and recommended by the exchange coordinator at their home university, will be reviewed for admission to OSU as exchange students.
Return the completed application materials to the exchange program coordinator at your home institution.