- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Change of Address
International students must notify DHS within ten (10) days of moving to a new residence. You can meet this requirement by notifying ISAS whenever you move. An international student advisor will then update your address in SEVIS.
You do not need to notify ISAS when you stay somewhere else temporarily and you do not intend to change your primary residence.
How to Update Your Address
You will need to update your address in Student Online Services, then notify ISAS of your change of address.
To update your address in Student Online Services:
- Go to https://myosu.oregonstate.edu/
- On the Welcome Page of My OSU, click on th elink to Update Address or Phone Number
- Enter your OSU ID and GAP.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click Update Address(es) and Phone(s).
- Select 'Current' as the address type to update.
- Click Submit.
- Enter your new address. Make sure to include your current residential address in the U.S. and include your street or residence hall address, City, State, and Zip Code. P.O. Boxes are not allowed.
- Click Submit.
Change of Address While on OPT or AT
If you are on Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Academic Training (AT), you should continue to inform ISFS of your new residential address when you move until you complete your training, change your status, or depart the country. Oregon State University is required to update your SEVIS record throughout your entire period of authorized OPT and AT.
Please include the following information in your e-mail:
First and last name
OSU ID number
New address, including street, apartment number, city, state, and ZIP code
Date the new address is effective
As an F-1 student on OPT, you are required to report any change of name, address, or interruption of employment to International Student and Faculty Services. STEM students who have been authorized for a 17-month extension must meet additional reporting requirements.
After you graduate and/or complete your program, please update your address with OSU's Alumni Association. You do not need to update your address in Student Online Services after you graduate unless you would like the university to have your current mailing address for administrative purposes (billing, student records, etc.).