Visa Categories

Below are the most common visit/employment type visa categories that International Scholar and Faculty Services (ISFS) at OSU supports. Other visa categories may be supported by other departments on campus such as F-1 or J-1 student categories.

Non-Immigrant Visa Categories

B-1: tourists and business visitors (cannot be used for employment)

E-3: specialty occupation, Australian citizens only

F-1 OPT: optional practical training for recently graduated students

J-1: visiting professors, researchers, and student interns

H-1B: professional, specialty occupations 

O-1: outstanding worker (contact Charlotte Ross for O-1 information) 

TN: professional occupations; citizens of Mexico & Canada only

J-2 | H-4 | E-3D | TD : dependent type visas for scholar or faculty spouse/children

Other: F-1 and J-1 student visas are processed by the International Student Advising and Services (ISAS)

Immigrant Visa and Permanent Residency

PR: OSU permanent residency information and policy

Other Resources

If you are a U.S. Citizen Travelling Abroad, you may find the following resources helpful