General Tax Information


Oregon State University cannot assist international students, visitors or employees with tax advising or tax preparation. However, the following information can assist in guiding the non-resident alien through the US and State of Oregon tax processes.

International employees
  • Submit a CO-NRA and W-4 forms for all non-resident alien employees, along with the new hire job forms.
  • CO-NRA forms must be updated by the employee annually. These forms are available on OSCAR.
  • Form 8233 instructions and filing schedule can be found on the IRS website.
  • If you have any questions related to this information, email Anita Gurule or call 737-3770.
  • Visit the ISFS webpage on US Taxes for additional information. Each year ISFS office sends a link to Glacier Tax Prep, an online tax software system, to assist with your federal tax preparations.
International visitors - if paid an honorarium or reimbursement
  • Information on applying for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) can be found on the IRS website. If the visitor does not have an ITIN, the reimbursement or honorarium will be taxed at 30%.
  • Submit Form 8233 to the Business Affairs office, along with reimbursement form.