Prospective Scholars

Oregon State University (OSU) welcomes international faculty and scholars to teach, conduct research, and collaborate with colleagues at locations throughout Oregon. During an academic year, OSU hosts approximately 450 faculty and scholars from as many as 50 different countries.

International Scholar and Faculty Services (ISFS) works cooperatively with academic departments and the Office of Academic Affairs in hiring and supporting international scholars and faculty. ISFS staff prepares visa documents and advises on immigration (USCIS and DOS) matters for nonimmigrant post-doctoral positions, research assistants, and other faculty and scholar appointments.

Scholars interested in coming to Oregon State University, must first secure a sponsoring department.  The sponsoring department will then contact ISFS to determine visa category and to receive application forms.

Resources to find a Sponsor or Position at OSU

Academic Majors at Oregon State University

The links below will direct you to a listing of the academic majors at OSU. Each program link will list the OSU campus (Corvallis, Cascade, or other), courese offered in the program, and additional information.

College Directories

Below is a list of colleges and programs at Oregon State University. You may search the college directories for the  "Faculty and Staff" or "Faculty Research" section to find potential department sponsors and faculty contact information.

Information for Specific Prospective Scholar Populations

Below is a list of resources for specific scholar populations. Prospective scholars can find links to information on scholar categories, open job postings, and application materials relevant to the type of position they seek: Research Scholar, Professor, Postdoc, Guest Lecturer, Student Intern, Employee, Dependent Family Members, and more.

General Campus Visitors

Guest Lecturer (B-1)


Employees (H1-B, TN, E-3)

Exchange Visitors in Research Scholar Category (J-1)

Students or Recent Graduates


Student Interns (J-1)

Family Members

Dependent Family Members (J-2, H-4, E-3D, TD, or other options)