Frequently Asked Questions

Below are frequently asked questions that new international scholars and faculty to Oregon State University usually ask. Please review the questions below and the other information on the International Scholar and Faculty Services orientation website. The fastest way to get an answer to a question you cannot find is to send us an email.


How do I get an Oregon State University Identification Card?

The OSU ID Card is the official identification card for students, faculty, and staff. It functions as a meal card, library card, access card, and more.



How do I get a Campus Tour?

Campus tours are offered daily for new students, scholars, and visitors to become familiar with the OSU campus.


  • The Campus Visitor Program, 108 Kerr Administration Building
  • 90 minute guided walking tours are Monday to Friday, at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
  • No appointment necessary!


How do I access the OSU Library?

The Valley Library, located in the heart of campus, offers computers, study space, resources and materials to meet your needs.


  • Library’s School Term Hours:
    • Monday through Friday: Open 24 hours
    • Saturday: 10am-10pm
    • Sunday: Opens at 10am, no closing hours
    • *These hours can change on holidays or other special dates
    • *Bring your OSU ID to use the library, especially from 12am-7am
    • Computer Help Desk
    • Reference and Circulation
    • Trained staff to help with questions
    • Multimedia Services
    • Computers, printers, and copiers
    • Equipment loan
    • Public use computers and internet


How do I access Dixon Recreation Center and gym?

Dixon Recreation Center is the on-campus recreation center which supports the OSU community’s physical activity and wellness needs.


  • To Sign Up (scholars and families are eligible):
  • Access
    • Bike Shop, Climbing Wall, Courts, Café, Locker Rooms, Childcare, Pool, Indoor Track
    • Weights, Equipment, Rental, Classrooms, Conference Rooms, And more!


Can I rent sports or recreation equipment on campus?

Located at the east entry to Dixon Recreation Center, the Adventure Leadership Institute™ offers equipment rental for:

  • Backpacking and Camping,
  • Mountaineering,
  • Rafting,
  • Canoeing,
  • Rock or Ice Climbing,
  • Bouldering,
  • Bike Repair & Loan Program,
  • Ski or Snowboard Rental,
  • And Other Rental



Are there fitness classes for faculty and staff only?

The Faculty Staff Fitness (FSF) program, run by The College of Public Health and Human Sciences, provides over 30-40 classes each term for faculty, spouses, partners and OSU community members.

  • To Sign Up:
    • http://health.oregonstate.edu/faculty-staff-fitness or 541-737-3220
    • Classes Include:
      • Aerobics, Swimming, Kickboxing, Pilates, Yoga, Weight Training, Dancing: Salsa, Bollywood, Swing, Zumba, Sport conditioning (several types), Golf, Tennis, And many more!


How do I get connected with social activities and programs on or around campus?


Where can I share about my culture and country?

The Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center, 128 SW 9th Street in Corvallis: events, groups and resources for people from all countries and cultures – including families with children!


Open Monday to Friday 10 am - 5 pm and Saturdays by appointment. 541-754-7225

  • Knitting Classes, Gardening, International Food, Language Tutoring, Local Resource Guide
  • Cultural Events, Connections for Translating


Where can I get connected with a group that enjoys interacting with international people?

Crossroads International is a group of volunteers from the community that help enrich the experience of international students and scholars.

  • Conversation School for Women, Friendship Groups , Activities, Networking, Field Trips and Outings, Guest Speakers, Child Care

Contact: Sandy Riverman at sandy.riverman@oregonstate.edu, 541-740-8801 or http://oregonstate.edu/international/crossroads/home


Where can I learn or practice English?

There are many English language learning opportunities for scholars, students, and dependents in the Corvallis area.



Where is the Corvallis Library?

Corvallis Benton Country Public Libraries

645 NW Monroe Ave
Corvallis OR 97330

Monday - Thursday 10 am - 8 pm

Friday - Saturday 10 am - 6 pm

Sunday closed


  • Free membership, Books and Audio Books E Books, Movies/DVDs, Music, Programs and Events, And More!


What is there to explore in Oregon State?

How do I get around Corvallis and America?

Bus System: http://www.corvallisoregon.gov/index.aspx?page=167

HUT Shuttle to Airport: http://www.hutshuttle.com/

AMTRACK Train: http://www.amtrak.com/home

Greyhound Bus: http://www.greyhound.com/


How do I set up my ONID computer account?:



How do I print my I-94 card?:


The following information is required to retrieve your Admission (I-94) number which shows your arrival in the United States. Enter the information as it appears on the travel documents you used to enter the United States. You may need this card at the Social Security Office, and Department of Motor Vehicle.

  • Name, Birth Date, Passport Number, Country, Most Recent Date of Entry, Class of Admission


Department of Motor Vehicles:

Get a driver’s license or Oregon Identification document here.


Corvallis DMV
870 NE Circle Blvd

Corvallis, OR 97330