- Go through the Overview section of the unit.
- Go through the Background section of the unit.
- Read The Second Treatise of Civil Government.
- Read the Commentary section and reread the relevant pages of the Second Treatise.
- Do the Activity section: "Arguing for the legitimacy of regicide" Your job here is to explain in a page Locke's argument for the legitimacy of revolution and regicide under certain conditions.
- Do the forum discussion: "A criterion for revolution?" This discussion activity asks you to explore the relevance of Locke's discussion of revolution to the world today.
- Go on to the Unit on Locke and Slavery -- Unit 10.