another person for help
in solving any of the problems on the exam.
· The exam has a time limit of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
· For each problem, you must show work that supports your answer - - NO CEDIT for unsupported work.
You may use a calculator to check your work but you must include the mathematical methods needed to
obtain any answer you give just as if you didn't have a calculator.
· Simplify and give exact answers whenever possible. Decimal approximations to answers that can be given exactly
will not receive full credit.
· There are 11 problems on the exam worth 10 points each. A complete (perfect) exam consists of 100 points.
Therefore, you have the opportunity to earn up to 10 points of extra credit on the exam.
· Solve the problems in the order that is easiest for you. Skip problems that you find harder and come back to them later.
· RELAX AND GOOD LUCK!
· After the exam is over, please make and keep a photo copy of the students exam and mail the original to
Juha Pohjanpelto, Department of Mathematics, Oregon State University, Corvallis OR 97331.
· Contacts for Juha Pohjanpelto -- Phone: (541) 737-5156; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Once I receive the exam by mail I will contact you and you can destroy your copy of the exam.
· Thank you for your help.