|GER 341, 342, 343 Homepage||Oregon State University|
Converting to HTML in LAMC
1. Open Word
2. Open your report file into Word
3. Save your report file as HTML
4. Open Netscape Communicator
5. Open Netscape Composer
6. Open your report file into Composer
7. Begin editing your report file in Composer
GER 342: German Literature
Oregon State University
March 9, 2000
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
von Lisa Martin
The title of your paper and your name should be centered, and put in H2 (larger font).
8. At the end of your text, put in a line between the last line of the text and the Literaturverzeichnis.
9. Center and H2 the word Literaturverzeichnis. Then make sure your sources are in a numbered list. That is, if you see the # sign in front of your sources, they are numbered. You can check by clicking on Preview, where you can see the file as it will appear on the web in Netscape.
10. Under View, click on reveal paragraph marks. Then, if there are too many paragraphs (often happens when converted to HTML by Word), remove as many as necessary.
11. If you had quotes set off from the text, this formatting has probably been lost. Fix this now. Click Format, paragraph, blockquote (you have to select your text before clicking on blockquote).
12. Change anything else that needs revising, or that you want to change, like font, color or whatever!
13. Save your magnum opus to disk. You can view it in Preview to see what it would look like on the Web. Give the disk to me.