For general questions about access to library services and delivery of library
materials, students can contact the Valley
Library Reference Desk.
If distance students reside in Central or Eastern Oregon, they can call upon
Maureen Kelly, Librarian
of the OSU Cascades Campus in Bend, Oregon.
External Site Links
Services for Distance Education Students and Faculty
- Provides a summary of services and links to library policies, delivery services,
instructions for accessing subscription databases, and other help pages.
- OSU Libraries recommends this page as a starting point for all patrons
doing research. It provides links to all catalogs, databases, as well as recommended
resources for specific subject areas.
- Provides links to recommended resources for specific subject areas.
Access to Library Databases
- Provides instruction for accessing library subscription databases from
- Academic Universe from Lexis-Nexis offers the full-text of major regional,
national, and international newspapers with coverage spanning, in some cases,
over ten years.
- Style manuals, citation guides, and instructions for authors
Libraries Style and Citation Guides
- General, APA, government, legal, MLA, and citing WWW sources.
Sheets for Citing Internet & Electronic Resources
- Humanities (MLA & Chicago), Scientific (APA & CBE), and History
UC Berkeley - Teaching Library Internet Workshops
on cheating, plagiarism, honesty, etc.
- In addition to policy, instructors use a variety of tools to check for cheating,
especially on written work.