- A social network is people, organizations or informal groups
by such social relationships as friendship,
co-working or information exchange.
- Brief social
network explanation, plus several links.
- ego - the focus of a social network.
- status - the position one has in a social
- role - the relation one has with
another in a social network.
Extensions of the social networks concept
Networks consists of nodes which can be
The linkages between nodes are called relations.
- The United Nations
- The U.S. Government
- The Pac-10
- Oregon State University
- Associated Students of OSU
- The College of Liberal Arts
Applications of social