- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
To transfer a file:
- From a Windows folder, drag the file that you want to send, and drop it into a conversation window or onto a contact in your Contacts list.
When you drop the file, a file transfer invitation is sent to the recipient. You will receive notification when the transfer is complete or declined.
Please note that, currently, to transfer a file, you must be connected to the Internet via a wired connection.
Attach a file to a conversation
You can share a file with multiple people in a group conversation, meeting, or conference call, but you don’t send it in the same way that you transfer a file to an individual contact. Instead, you add attachments to the meeting that other participants can download and view.
- In the conversation window, click the Add or view Attachments button to upload a file.
- In the Attachments dialog box, click Add Attachments.
- Select the file that you want to add, and then click Upload.
Polling allows you to quickly gather information or compile the preferences of meeting participants. A poll in Lync consists of one question and up to seven Lync Lypossible choices.
A meeting can contain many polls, but only one poll at a time can appear on the sharing stage, visible to all meeting participants. Only meeting presenters can create and manage polls. If you are not already a presenter, the meeting organizer or another presenter can make you one.
- In the meeting window, click the Share menu, and then click New Poll.
- In the Create a Poll dialog box, type a name for your poll, your question, and two or more possible answers.
- Click OK.
If no one else in the meeting is sharing, your poll appears immediately to everyone in the meeting with the words Polls are open at the bottom of the stage. If other sharing is taking place, you have the option to share your poll immediately, which would end the current sharing session, or save your poll in the content bin for later.
When polling is complete, save the poll results by clicking Save poll at the bottom of the sharing stage, and then click Close the poll.
The whiteboard is a fresh page for notes and drawings that everyone in the meeting can use together.
- In the conversation window, click the Share menu, and then click New Whiteboard.
- To start writing or drawing on the whiteboard, use the annotation tools at the lower left of the whiteboard.