- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
- ONID Directory Updates
Hide Tabs in Google Mail
Have you recently missed email messages from friends, teachers, or advisors? We can help! Google shows a tabbed interface by default in Google Mail, but individuals have the ability to customize this configuration and ensure that messages show up where you expect them to be.
To ensure that you don't miss any messages, you may use the instructions on this page to:
- Disable all tabs in Google Mail and have just one Inbox
- Hide just one tab in your Google Mail
- Re-enable any tab you have previously hidden
If you wish to use the tabs in Google Mail, here's a reference for learning how to use mail tabs effectively.
How to hide (or show) tabs in Google Mail
- Open Google Mail in Google Apps for OSU.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Configure inbox.
- Uncheck the boxes of the tabs you do not want to see or check the boxes of the tabs that you do you want to see.
- Click Save.