- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Common Instructor Questions
- How can I see the course menu? It's missing.
- How do I view the course as a student?
- How do I create an assignment?
- Why do I get the message, "The content below is outside of the Blackboard Learn environment."?
- Why do I get a "missing plugin" error when attempting to view a file?
- How do I retrieve my past term's gradebook?
- How do I save a copy of my gradebook?
- How do I download the results from a test or quiz?
- How do I make my course site visible (i.e. available) to students who are enrolled?
- How can I give my teaching assistant (TA) access to my course site?
For Additional Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), visit http://my.oregonstate.edu and click on "Search OSU Blackboard FAQ" on the left side, or click on the Support tab in the top menu.
Phone Support - Please check the Supported By or ECampus Instructors blocks on the right for contact information based on your OSU affiliation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - For additional Blackboard walkthroughs, you can search the Blackboard FAQ.
- Go to http://my.oregonstate.edu.
- Click on the "Search OSU Blackboard FAQ" on the left hand side, or click on the "Support" tab in the top menu.
Workshops and Courses - Regular classes are offered through Technology Across the Curriculum (TAC).
OSU Extended Campus Tutorial - OSU Extended Campus' Course Development site provides detailed methods and tutorials for faculty providing instruction and materials online:
E-mail Class Groups - Instructions on using the Outlook enabled Class Groups to communicate with students can be found here.
Blackboard Grade Center - For more information about the Blackboard Grade Center, visit the Technology Across the Curriculum website.
Video Tutorials, Service Pack 13 Update - New features as of 12/23/2013.
- Global Navigation and My Blackboard [3:40]
- Calendar [3:12]
- Inline assignment grading [2:47]
- Content editor [3:59]
- Discussion boards [4:05]
- Item analysis for tests [5:00]
- Retention center [4:30]