- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Blackboard Help for Instructors
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
Common Instructor Questions
- How can I see the course menu? It's missing.
- How do I view the course as a student?
- How do I create an assignment?
- Why do I get the message, "The content below is outside of the Blackboard Learn environment."?
- Why do I get a "missing plugin" error when attempting to view a file?
- How do I retrieve my past term's gradebook?
- How do I save a copy of my gradebook?
- How do I download the results from a test or quiz?
- How do I make my course site visible (i.e. available) to students who are enrolled?
- How can I give my teaching assistant (TA) access to my course site?
For Additional Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), visit http://my.oregonstate.edu and click on "Search OSU Blackboard FAQ" on the left side, or click on the Support tab in the top menu.
Phone Support - Please check the Supported By or ECampus Instructors blocks on the right for contact information based on your OSU affiliation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - For additional Blackboard walkthroughs, you can search the Blackboard FAQ.
- Go to http://my.oregonstate.edu.
- Click on the "Search OSU Blackboard FAQ" on the left hand side, or click on the "Support" tab in the top menu.
Workshops and Courses - Regular classes are offered through Technology Across the Curriculum (TAC).
OSU Extended Campus Tutorial - OSU Extended Campus' Course Development site provides detailed methods and tutorials for faculty providing instruction and materials online:
E-mail Class Groups - Instructions on using the Outlook enabled Class Groups to communicate with students can be found here.
Blackboard 8 Grade Center - For more information about the Blackboard 8 Grade Center, visit the Technology Across the Curriculum website here.