- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Remote Desktop Connection for Android
It is now possible to access OSU's Remote Applications from your Android device. To do so, follow the steps below:
Please use the options in parenthesis and orange to log in with your engineering account.
- Open up the Google Play Store and search for "Microsoft Remote Desktop"
- Press "Install", the app will be downloaded
- Open the application
- Go to the "Remote Resources" tab
- Press the + sign at the top of the screen
- Enter this info:
- URL: https://remoteapps.oregonstate.edu
- Enter your onid\username (engineering\username) password
- Press done
- Wait for the list of programs to load, then select the one you want to use
- At the screen below, only select "Trust Once." RDS will not work otherwise.
- You should now be able to use the RDS application you selected.
Remote Apps for iOS (iPod, iPad, iPhone)
It is now possible to access OSU's Remote Applications from your iOS device. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open up the App Store and search for remote desktop
- Install Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Open Safari (Note: this only works in Safari) and go to: remoteapps.oregonstate.edu
- Login with onid\username (engineering\username)and your password
- Select the application you would like to use
- On this screen, press "Open in 'RD Client'"
- Login with onid\username (engineering\username)and your password again and press "Logon"
- At this screen, only select "Connect once."
- You should then be logged in and be able to use the RDS Application you launched.