- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
The Visitor network is free and it is intended solely for visitors from off campus. OSU employees and students are still encouraged to use the OSU_Secure wireless network.
Aside from using the University’s existing wireless infrastructure, no OSU staff or resources are involved; routing and management are provided by Peak and Alyrica.
- A login/agreement appears every four (4) hours.
- Capacity of this network is limited.
- OSU does not provide support for this free service.
- OSU does not guarantee that this free service will work for everyone; nor do Peak or Alyrica.
- This is NOT intended as a replacement for OSU_Access or OSU_Secure. It’s strictly a free service provided as a temporary convenience for visitors to OSU.
- This network will not be appropriate for anyone authorized to use our existing OSU networks.