- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
VPN Setup for Windows
- ONID user account
- Functioning Internet connection.
Recommended Method: WebVPN
(works on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems)
- Open a supported web browser and type in the address bar: https://sds.oregonstate.edu
- Login using your ONID username and password.
- Accept the request to install the Cisco AnyConnect client software on your computer.
- A window will appear informing you that you are connected to the OSU network. An icon will also appear in the system tray when you successfully connect. You can right-click this icon and choose to disconnect or quit the VPN connection.
- To reconnect in the future, open the "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client" from the Programs menu and connect to "sds.oregonstate.edu" and use your ONID username and password to reestablish a VPN connection.
Method 2: Standard VPN Client
- Download the latest version of the Cisco VPN client software.
Version for 32-bit Windows: 5.0.07.0410 Download
Version for 64-bit Windows: 5.0.07.0440 Download
- After your download completes, double-click the file to start installation.
- Launch the software by selecting it from the All Programs list, then select Cisco Systems VPN Client folder. The VPN client is located here.
- Profiles have already been setup for you, and all you have to do is select the profile associated with what you need to do.
Instuctions for using VPN in China:
- ONID 账号
（适用于Windows 32字节与 64字节 系统）
- 接受安装Cisco AnyConnect 客户端的请求
- 未來连接时，选择 "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client" 客户端从系统菜单，选择连接至 "sds.oregonstate.edu"后输入您的ONID用户名和密码重新连接VPN。
Only need the connection profiles? Acquire that information here.