- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
VPN Setup for Windows
- ONID user account
- Functioning Internet connection.
Method 1: Standard VPN? Client
- Download the latest version of the Cisco VPN client software.
Version for 32-bit Windows: 5.0.07.0410 Download
Version for 64-bit Windows: 5.0.07.0440 Download
- After your download completes, double-click the file to start installation.
- Launch the software by selecting it from the All Programs list, then select Cisco Systems VPN Client folder. The VPN client is located here.
- Profiles have already been setup for you, and all you have to do is select the profile associated with what you need to do.
Please use the WebVPN ONLY if Method 1 does NOT work for you.
Method 2: WebVPN
(works on Windows 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems)
- Open a supported web browser and type in the address bar: https://sds.oregonstate.edu
- Login using your ONID username and password.
- Accept the request to install the Cisco AnyConnect client software on your computer.
- A window will appear informing you that you are connected to the OSU network. An icon will also appear in the system tray when you successfully connect. You can right-click this icon and choose to disconnect or quit the VPN connection.
- To reconnect in the future, open the "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client" from the Programs menu and connect to "sds.oregonstate.edu" and use your ONID username and password to reestablish a VPN connection.
Only need the connection profiles? Acquire that information here.