- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
UM First Use
Once unified messaging has been activated for your account, you will receive an email with a phone number and PIN. (Note: voicemail-only users will receive a default PIN from their telephone coordinator instead.)
Quick Guide for First-Time Use
- Call the access number at 7-7111 (541-737-7111).
- Enter your extension.
- Enter your new PIN and press [#].
- Reset your PIN if prompted. (Converged voicemail users will not need to change their PIN.)
- At the main menu say "Personal Options" or press   .
- For greetings, press .
- To set your personal greeting, press  and follow the system prompts.
- To set your name, press  and follow the system prompts.
- Hang up when finished, or press [*] to return to the main menu.
Navigating your Voicemail Using Voice or Touchtone Commands
There are two methods available for navigating within Unified Messaging. The voice (or speech) interface is the default user interface. You may change to touchtone at any time and vice versa while in your mailbox.
- Switch from the voice interface to the touch-tone interface by using one of the following methods:
- Option 1: from the main menu, say “Personal Options” and press . This will permanently set your menus to touch-tone.
- Option 2: from the main menu, press  then . This will set your menus to touch-tone for this call only.
- Switch from the touchtone interface to the voice interface:
- From the main menu, press  then .
Set a New PIN
- Call your Outlook Access Number
- Enter your PIN when prompted
- To change your PIN, press  then  from the main menu and follow the recorded instructions
- PINs can only be numeric and must be at least 5 digits long
- Voice prompts will lead you through changing your PIN and setting up your voice signature and your initial greeting.
Record Your Name
- From the main menu, press  then 
- Press , wait for the tone, then say only your first and last name, and press [#] to stop recording
- Press  to accept the recording or  to record your name again
- After you accept the recording, press [#] to continue
Create your Personal Greeting
- From the main menu press  then 
- Press  for Personal Greeting.
- Press  to use a Standard Greeting
- Press  then  to customize your Personal Greeting