- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Create Your ONID Account, Part 2
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
Now you will create your ONID username and password. Be sure to write down all the account info you create.
- First, wait at least 10 minutes after completing Part I above.
- Go to http://onid.oregonstate.edu/ (link opens in new window).
- Click on the "Sign Up For ONID" link in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enter your OSU ID? number and the new GAP? that you chose in Part I.
- Click Submit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Be sure to write down your new ONID username and password, and do not share it with anyone!
During this process, you will be asked if you wish to forward your ONID email to another account. We recommend that you forward it to your primary work email (example: an @oregonstate.edu email address). If you do not yet know your primary work email address, enter a personal email address. You will be able to update this address later.
At the end of this process, you will have your final ONID account login information.
Need more help?
Should you run into problems or if you need more detailed instructions, please visit the ONID Sign-Up Instructions web page.
If you continue to experience issues, please call the OSU Computer Helpdesk at 541-737-3474.