- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Create Your ONID Account, Part 1
Creating an ONID account is a two-step process. First, you login to the system using your OSU-issued ID number and a default General Access Password (GAP?). Later, you will login and create your ONID username and password. Be sure to write down all the account info you create.
(Skip these instructions if you already changed your GAP.)
- Go to http://infosu.oregonstate.edu/login (link opens in new window).
- For username, enter your OSU ID? number (this is a 9 digit number starting with 93).
- For password, enter your pre-assigned General Access Password (GAP).
- Your GAP has by default been set to your birthday. It uses 6 digits in the format of: MMDDYY (month, month, day, day, year, year).
- For example, if your birthday is June 01, 1980, then your default GAP is 060180.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will be prompted to create a new 6-digit GAP number. Write down the number you choose – you will need it in just a bit.
- On the next page, it will ask you to set up a security question. This is used to reset your GAP if you forget it in the future. Create a question/answer that only you would know.
Did you write down the new GAP number you chose? If so, let's proceed to the next step.