- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
What is a Lync meeting and how do I schedule one?
Lync meetings are very convenient and a powerful tool for groups that can't physically meet. With a webcam and microphone you can turn a chat room into a video conference. Scheduling a meeting allows you to organize a time for everyone to meet and also permits people to join in by calling a phone number!
Outlook 2013 (Windows)
- Go to calendar in Outlook located in the bottom left of the screen.
- Right click on the time that you would like the meeting.
- Select Lync Meeting in the Appointment Tab at the top
- Invite the people you wish to include in this meeting, then send the message.
- To join a meeting that you were invited to:
- Check your email for the invitation.
- In the email click on Join Lync Meeting.
- The next window will ask for permissions on what you want to allow to be used for that meeting.
Outlook 2011 (Mac)
- Open Outlook and go to the Calendar
- In the Home tab, click on Meeting
- On the email pop-up, select Online Meeting then Create Online Meeting
- Fill out all the specific times and information about the meeting then send
Lync Web Scheduler
If you don't have Microsoft Outlook, or are on an operating system not based on Windows, you may use Lync Web Scheduler.
- Go to the Lync Web Scheduler Page (we recommend bookmarking this if you plan on making many meetings).
- Sign in using your Exchange? domain\username and password.
- Fill out the desired meeting information and save it.
- Information will be displayed with a summary of the meeting and information on calling in.
- Attendees are not invited to the meeting via Lync Web Scheduler. You will need to manually copy and paste the meeting details into an email or calendar invitation.
Click on any image to view a lightbox version of this instruction set.